Monday, November 21, 2011

Twenty-One

Today I am thankful for handwork and crafts, specifically knitting. My grandmother learned to knit when she was four years old and has created thousands of amazing sweaters, hats, mittens, and the list goes on. She taught me to knit awhile back, and although I am not nearly the expert she is, I really enjoy knitting!!
Today, while my girls were at school, I was able to try the doll clothes I've been busily knitting, on the new American Girl dolls (just wanted to be sure they fit before I wrap them up to give the girls on Christmas). And guess what...they all fit and look beautiful! The only thing that will top this feeling will be to see their faces when their dolls are dressed as cheerleaders, wearing robes and slippers, or jogging suits with hoodies.
Do you have a crafty hobby? I definitely recommend picking one up!

1 comment:

  1. that's awesome K! I always wanted to learn to knit. but maybe i'll try something more simple first...like cross stitching! i love crafty things!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say about this...