Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Counting My Blessings, Day Two

Today I am thankful for food!!! We have so much more than we NEED and isn't it amazing to walk into the local grocery store and see all the color and variety in the produce section alone?!! I'm thankful for herbs and spices, for recipes, for the friends (real and cyber) who share delicious ideas. I'm thankful for the family members I have who (usually) happily eat whatever I set before them. I'm thankful for the Giver of this bounty, for the farmers and all who work to get the food from its origin to my local stores. I LOVE to eat and I'm thankful I can do so. Here are some of my favorites:
chocolate
chocolate + peanut butter
coffee
peppermint mocha creamer
lobster
Pancho's salsa
Olive Garden's black tie mousse cake
mexican food
italian food
that nasty i'm-not-really-cheese sauce stuff in a jar that you pour on nachos
nacho chips (the kind that turn your fingers orange) with french onion dip
fresh fruit (berries!!)
I could go on and on, but guess what...I need to go check on tonight's dinner (taco soup) simmering away on the stove!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you have to say about this...