Sunday, November 6, 2011

Day 6 - Being Thankful

Oh today was a delightful day! I could list hundreds of things I'm thankful for, but I'm going to narrow it down to one thing: FAMILY! Family is usually thought of as the group into which you are born, but I think it can also be a close group of friends, or even your church. Today, I will talk about the blessings of my blood-family...the one into which I was born.
I was blessed to be born into a loving family, with great-grandparents who prayed for me before I was born! In my lifetime, I was able to meet three of my great-grandparents and I have enjoyed time spent with three of my grandparents for most of my life...my mom's parents are still a vital part of my life!! My mother's father's Facebook updates and comments, as well as his daily emails, are such a treasure! His calm, patient ways are a marvel to me. My mother's mother taught me to knit, as well as to appreciate music and rainy days. She spent hours playing the piano while I sat beside her and sang, and she also played dolls with me. Now, she enjoys watching my daughters play with the dolls in which I once delighted. My father's mother taught me about being a Republican and how to play many card games. She also took me to England when I was nine and I remember our trip like it was yesterday!
My parents are both very loving, giving people. They have shown me the meaning of unconditional love by the way they love one another and the way they love me. They have servants' hearts and they inspire me every day.
My sisters are gifts...even if I had moments growing up when I wanted to be an only child, I know that my sisters have loved me and will love me in good times and bad. They have my back. They can be more honest with me than anyone else, and they love me, knowing my faults. Now that we are older, we appreciate our differences and we can see how we complement one another.
I am so very thankful that I was born into such a special group of people.

3 comments:

I'd love to hear what you have to say about this...