Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Attitude of Gratitude Challenge

It's November 1st and I've noticed many "I'm thankful for..." posts on facebook today. That's wonderful! I love reading about blessings! So I've decided to challenge myself to update my blog every day (gulp, every day?!) for the month of November. There is no maximum or minimum on post length, but I want to be conscious of the many blessings in my life.
So here we go:
day 1 - I am thankful for each person who has helped provide my family with clothing. Over the past nine years, we have received many, many bins of hand-me-downs from friends and neighbors, and I truly do not know what we would do without these "mini Christmases"! My parents and in-laws, as well as my sisters, have been generous giving my children new clothing...and they've been thoughtful in asking us what the kids NEED (snowpants, coats, shoes, etc.) Although I admit to being overwhelmed when changing over the clothes from season to season (hauling bags, boxes and bins out of the attic), it's been a joy to not have to spend money on new clothing!! We have much more than we "NEED" and I am very grateful.
* On a related note, I am extremely happy to have a washer and dryer, which get daily workouts!

1 comment:

I'd love to hear what you have to say about this...