Thursday, November 17, 2011

Seventeen!

Today, as I listen to my four-year-old ask (again), "How do you spell ____?" and my five year-old-daughter exclaim, "Look, Mama! I wrote in my diary!", I am thankful for words! And specifically, the written word.
I have an avid reader (my nine-year-old),
a chapter-book reader (my seven-year-old),
a budding reader (my five-year-old),
and a very letter-conscious four-year-old.
All day long, I am bombarded with questions...
it doesn't matter if I'm making a meal,
cleaning the floor,
folding laundry,
or driving the van,
my kids are constantly asking me questions.
I admit it,
sometimes I get
ANNOYED
and
IMPATIENT.
Sometimes I just want
PEACE
and
QUIET,
time to think my own thoughts.
But today, I am amazed at their little minds and the way they have learned their letters, the way they put the letters together and become readers, spellers, writers!
As my four-year-old pointed out the other day, "Mom, did you know letters give you the power to read?!!"

2 comments:

I'd love to hear what you have to say about this...