Friday, November 4, 2011

Day Four - Being Thankful

I waited until the end of the day to write this one...I've counted so many blessings all day, but today, it's my health. After praying at MOPS this morning for several young moms with cancer, another young lady with kidney failure, and a kind and giving woman recently diagnosed with cancer and then having a stroke, I can't help but be overwhelmed with sadness for them and for their families, while feeling very thankful for my own health. I started with either a cold or bad allergies this afternoon and spent about two minutes feeling sorry for myself, that I had to go upstairs to get the motrin, the allergy medicine and the air-borne. I quickly snapped out of it and was thankful it was just a runny nose and sneezing! I have also watched close friends lose their precious children due to cancer and other terrible diseases. Each night as I tuck my children into bed, I thank God for keeping my children and my family healthy. This is something I never want to take for granted.

2 comments:

I'd love to hear what you have to say about this...