OK, peeps. It's time to lay it all out there. I've been bustin' my buns doing all kinds of exercising...you know I loved Jillian Michaels' Thirty Day Shred. Now I'm on Day 47 of P90X (Tony Horton/Beachbody.) I was super-impressed with the before/after pictures of other clients. The results are truly inspiring!! I decided to borrow the DVDs from a friend and gave it a try. The program is definitely tough, but the toughest part for me is the time commitment. I've been able to keep up for the most part, but it's taken persistence and focus. The problem is this: I haven't been "careful" with my food intake. OK, it's worse than that - for the past week (at least), I've been pigging out!!! I avoided the scale for the last month, which is very unlike me...I normally fight the urge to weigh myself DAILY. But today I stepped on the scale and OH MY! I haven't hit this weight since I was pregnant! Really!! So it's time to get back on the wagon...South Beach Diet, Phase One, Day One is today. I did ok...tried putting skim milk and spenda in my coffee (instead of my usual creamy and delicious flavored cream!!) and ick, not yummy at all. (I may skip coffee for awhile!) I also ate *a few* too many peanuts, but otherwise the day went well.
So here it is, I'm keepin' it real...I have a few goals:
1) Continue with P90X. Take day 60 photos in less than 2 weeks now (yikes!) Do a final weight/measurements and photos on day 90 (I will post the pics if they are amazing...we shall see!!)
2) Continue with South Beach Phase One for the next 2 weeks. Then move to Phase Two. Hope to see a lovely loss of pounds!
3) Log all food on myfitnesspal.com so I can really see what I'm eating. (Something I noticed - many foods I have been eating have basically NO nutritional value!!)
4) Before eating, ask myself, "Is it going to nourish me?" and "Will it help me reach my goals?" (These questions are courtesy of motivator and friend, Brooke!)
5) Try to maintain what I lose and not yo-yo the way I have been for the last couple of years.
So, who's with me? Spring is coming...warm weather, no more bulky sweaters...*gulp* bathing suits!! Accountability, anyone?? Let's do it!