Wednesday, February 16, 2011

THANKFUL x7

1) As I was driving all four kids home after piano lessons yesterday, I noticed the van wasn't slowing down when I stepped on the brake, and the pedal was all the way to the floor. I pumped the brake and all was fine. This happened again and again on the ten minute drive, so as soon as I got home, I asked hubby to come check it out. Sure enough, a brake line was broken and nearly all the brake fluid had leaked out!! After four hours in the freezing cold garage, my handy hubby had the van all fixed and ready to go for me. THANKFUL that we were safe and that hubby could do the repair!
2) On the way home from preschool the other day, KBH told me her sneakers were squeezing her feet. Today, she told me, "My boots are doing the same thing my sneakers did...they make me curl up my toes!" THANKFUL for healthy, growing children!
3) I've been really into making fun and yummy dinners for my family. This week, we've had beef stew with biscuits, penna alla vodka (meant to make bread to go with it, but never had time), a new tuna noodle casserole dish with applesauce on the side, and tonight chicken enchiladas with black beans and salad. THANKFUL for web sites with new recipes!
4) I've been reading the book, "Choosing to SEE" by Mary Beth Chapman and there is SO MUCH to be THANKFUL for after reading all she has been through! (I highly recommend the book, although I still have about 9 chapters left.) THANKFUL for my family!
5) NJH has a habit of tangling his fingers in my hair and gently pulling my hair when he hugs me. I love it! THANKFUL for a cuddly three-year-old!
6) I'm so glad I'm over the flu...it feels great to work out again (and to go upstairs without having to use an inhaler!) THANKFUL to be healthy!
7) So much more to say, but I have to pick up NCH from his after-school program. THANKFUL my van works!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say about this...