Friday, November 2, 2012

Time for Thanks

I was going to do a daily thankful post for the month of November, but I'm not sure I'll get on here every day. But today, I am incredibly thankful I get to be a stay-at-home-mom! Ten and a half years ago, I was just beginning my stay-at-home-mom journey. I was overwhelmed, sleep-deprived, exhausted, weary, and a mess! Of course I loved my new baby...I had prayed for a baby for a LONG time. When I was a child, all I wanted to do was be a mom when I grew up. I had visions of myself in a flowing nightgown smiling serenely as I nursed my little wonder. Um, reality looked more like a screaming newborn, a frazzled unshowered mom in stained sweats struggling to get her newborn to latch on, then trying desperately to keep that newborn awake to finish a feeding, then not moving for an hour while that newborn slept on me. It was a very difficult time! But here we are, ten and a half years later, with three more kiddos. They are now ages 10, 8, almost 7 and 5. And I have such a different perspective than I used to have! I enjoy moments more, I savor the little things. Of course there are still times I am overwhelmed. I don't always get to shower and I certainly am not the epitome of calm, cool and collected!! But making a point to stop and take a mental snapshot of a special moment is a part of my every day. I GET to be here with my babies...I GET to make them lunch, wash their clothes, watch them learn, grow, and explore. And I am so thankful.

1 comment:

  1. haha! i love that 'long flowing nightgown' imagery! don't we all wish!
    great post!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say about this...