Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Thoughts Today

I don't know why I wait so long in between my blog updates. So many things happen that I want to share, and the next thing I know, a week has gone by! So rather than write a long update and pressure myself with the need to add pictures and all, here are just a couple of things on my mind today...

- I can't believe NCH is adding double digits, you know like:
33
+17

He likes math a lot and he breezed through his homework last night. I love to see him enjoying school! I am amazed at how much he is growing and in so many ways, day by day. He plays basketball (or "hoops" as the guys call it) every Saturday. He really enjoys it. Although he is just beginning to learn the sport, he doesn't get flustered when the coach tells him to do this or not do that. I can see why I never did sports because I get nervous just listening to all the instructions from the sidelines!

- CAH is "Star of the Week" in her kindergarten class this week. We had such a fun time selecting photos and items to bring in...just remembering her as a super-chunky, super-happy baby makes me smile. She is becoming such a "big girl" - in her interactions and the way she speaks and plays. She is still such a helper to me. Lately, she will come to me in the kitchen and ask, "Can I help you with something, Mama?" Her baby brother absolutely thinks the world of her! They get along very well and he trusts her to care for him and love him. It's precious to watch them. She is busy memorizing the books of the New Testament for AWANA...she has the first 8 books down, now 19 to go!

- KBH, although still a feisty one, is gradually changing. She has earned a number of patches in her AWANA Cubbies class, for saying many different Bible verses. I really wasn't sure she would be able to do this, but she is proving me wrong. In appearance, she looks older to me. Even her preschool teacher said to me today, "Boy, she looks so tall and slender - like a bigger kid now!" She will turn 4 in just a few weeks and would like to have a Little Mermaid/Under the Sea party. I am still in the process of looking for an affordable indoor pool to use for the party. If not, we have pages of game and craft ideas...we shall see! She is LOVING gymnastics! Her confidence is growing and growing, and I actually observed from the window last week (like regular parents do...up until then, I'd been in the gym with her as she absolutely lost it when I tried to leave.) Her coach has been so patient with us! I do love to watch her flip over the bars, learn to do forward rolls on the beam, and add turns to her seat drops on the trampoline.

- NJH "reads" books to me now. At nap time today, we read the "Peekaboo" book and he said, "Oh, the baby has a car. Now the baby is playing hide and seek. See, the baby is eating the apple." I love that he talks so well - it really decreases frustration for everyone. I signed him up for preschool next fall...I don't even want to think about it! He's such a sweetie boy, I just want to keep him home with me forever! But I also want him to learn and grow and get along with his peers. This year, we dropped out of bible study (due to his crying for me the whole time). I have to say, I am loving the time with him. He has such a great sense of humor, and I could watch him play all day!

Well, I guess this turned out longer than I'd planned...and it ended up more of a Hill Herd update than "thoughts today"...so other thoughts -
. I'm really enjoying listening to each of my Christmas CD's.
. I love my "hot bag" (this bag of rice that you heat in the microwave, to keep you warm at night).
. I am reading a fantastic book by Pearl Buck called "The Townsman." I'm about 2/3 through and I look forward to reading a chapter or two every night.
. South Beach is working this time. Not to my "goal" weight yet, but almost there.
. Running felt GREAT last night - it was a warmish night and it was fun to see all the neighborhood decorations lit up
. I am looking forward to Christmas at the lake with my side of the family this Saturday.
. I can't wait to have dinner at my sister's tonight: just the girls getting Japanese take out, catching up and having fun!
. Hubby and I watched "The Office" last night and I laughed harder than I have in a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say about this...