Yes, I've really been slacking when it comes to the whole blogging thing! But I have excuses:
1) It's been a busy summer - the kids just finished swim lessons. I'm so proud of them! NCH had to swim 500m of various consecutive strokes, using the proper flip turns, etc. CAH has mastered her dive and swims a beautiful backstroke. KBH held her own, taking lessons with 5 and 6 year olds (and we later realized she was put one level above where she should have been! Ooops!) She does a lovely kneeling dive and just today, she mastered front and back somersaults underwater! I keep reminding myself "she's only 3!" NCH also just finished swim team and he received a trophy, a t-shirt and swim bag for his efforts. His final meet was very exciting and he was really getting "into it."
Here are photos of NCH at his last meet:
Photos of KBH drying off and about to jump off the diving board:
2) I've been busy knitting - 2 projects. The first was a sweater for NJH, hopefully it will fit him this fall/winter. It used a cool variegated yarn that knit into a fair isle pattern. The second is a long cabled cardigan for me. I've finished the back and I'm about half way through with the left side. This is quite an extensive undertaking, as there are tons of cables, but I'm enjoying it (except on boiling hot days when I'm knitting on the deck!) Poor NJH really didn't like trying on his new sweater!!
3) I've been busy reading - I'm (still) on Book 10 of Tim LaHaye's "Left Behind" series. Just two books left of this fantastic prophecy/end times-themed series. My Tuesday Bible study will be going through the book of Revelation this fall...I can't wait!
4) I've been busy planning meals, running 5K's and trying to follow a healthier lifestyle. With all of the recent parties, picnics and celebrations, I decided it was time for a new round of South Beach. So far, so cranky, but that will fade when I see results! I am also revisiting Couch to 5K and kicking it up a notch, sprinting where it tells you to jog and jogging where it tells you to walk. I REALLY want to improve my 5K time!
5) We just celebrated CAH's 5th birthday. I can't believe my little sweetheart is already 5 and heading off to kindergarten next month! I have already blogged about her birth story, so I'll just mention that her party this year was just for "big girls" and was a Tinkerbell theme. We used glitter glue on coloring pages, strung fruit loops and gummy life savers to make necklaces, made glittery stars for "Pin the Star on the Wand", made fruit kabobs with watermelon, pineapple, green grapes, red grapes and strawberries, ate "fairy horns" (Bugles snacks), had punch, played pass the fairy wand, played follow the fairy leader, and had cupcakes and ice cream. At the end, some children stayed to swim. Although we had to move the party indoors last minute, it was a lot of fun, the girls were well-behaved and seemed to love the activities, and the weather cleared enough for them to swim at the end.
6) Hubby and the older two enjoyed a trip out to see hubby's parents, so I enjoyed having just two little ones underfoot...we had lots of fun, and here's a photo of KBH and NJH getting ready to go to church:
7) There's plenty more to say, but I'd better get to bed or I'll be one tired and grumpy mama in the morning...