Thursday, March 12, 2009

Meal Planning/2nd Half of March List


As a mom of 4 busy kids, I find it very helpful to plan my meals ahead. What works best for me right now is to plan 2 weeks of meals at a time. While the 2 older kids are at AWANA on Sunday afternoon (and the 2 younger ones are home napping with Frank), I grocery shop. Twice a month, it's a "major" list, twice a month, it's a smaller list. We get our milk at Stewart's mid-week, and sometimes I have to make a quick run for fruit or fresh bread. I have found we spend FAR less shopping less often. We also eat out FAR less if we have meals planned out ahead of time.
Here's The 2nd Half of March Meal List:
3/16: Veggie Enchiladas (Skinny B**** in the Kitch)
3/17: broccoli quiche, apple-bran muffins, applesauce
3/18: tilapia w/ginger sauce (modified from South Beach's Orange Roughy in Ginger Scallion Sauce), veggies, rice
3/19: chicken cutlets fontina, salad, bread
3/20: make your own pizza (on spelt shell from Green Grocer)
3/21: out!! (sandwiches for kids and babysitter)
3/22: AWANA night/sandwich night
3/23: buckwheat soba pad thai (from Dayna!!)
3/24: quesadillas w/beans, guac and salsa
3/25: chicken soup and rolls
3/26: oven stroganoff over noodles, red cabbage, peas
3/27: family party for NCH?
3/28: breakfast for dinner
3/29: AWANA night/sandwich night
3/30: taco soup w/blue corn chips
3/31: white chicken chili

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the ideas! (although I have no idea what some of them are, ha ha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you inspire me! i am not a meal planner!
    but i sooo wanna be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You amaze me! WTG! I USED to plan ahead. Now I am usually scrambling to try and put a meal together in between the kids activities!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kristina, You inspired me to make one last month and I've been working on it ever since.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say about this...