Thursday, April 7, 2011

This is The Stuff

Are you singing it already? That catchy little Francesca Battistelli song that starts, "I lost my keys in the great unknown" and later in the song,
"This is the stuff that drives me crazy
This is the stuff that's getting to me lately
In the middle of my little mess
I forget how big I'm blessed
This is the stuff that gets under my skin
But I gotta trust You know exactly what You're doing
It might not be what I would choose
But this is the stuff You use"
Well, I heard it on the radio this morning and I burst into tears! Why? Well, it was one of THOSE mornings in my house. Usually, we get up at 8am (I know, we're spoiled, but the bus doesn't arrive until nearly 8:45). But for whatever reason, CAH was wide awake before 7, and proceeded to wake little brother. It really isn't all that terrible, but I was ticked! The morning just got more stressful and my attitude didn't help one bit. NCH needed money to buy play tickets, so I sent him up to ask hubby. I don't know what the answer was, but the next thing I knew, 2 kids were dumping out their piggy banks and there was change ALL over the place. And the bus was about to arrive! So yes, I got even more annoyed and scolded the kids and hurried them along, and lectured the whole time about sleeping until 8 and not making messes and all kinds of not all that important stuff. We barely got to say goodbye and they were off on the bus to school. I hurried the younger two into the van and off we went to drop one at preschool. And then I heard that song...and I felt really sad that I didn't appreciate the blessings of the morning...our home, our health, one another, bubbly children who were excited to go see a play this weekend who were eager to buy their tickets, a beautiful sunny day, and the list goes on.
Lord, please help me not to "forget how big I'm blessed"!!!

3 comments:

  1. Now it all makes sense... I heard quite a bit of "lecturing" from the shower. I couldn't figure out why 1. NCH was asking ME for money for a play 2. Why he was asking about it the SAME day it was due.
    I told him I didn't have the cash on-hand and that I would have to go the the bank to take it our. His response was a simple "Ok" and off he went.
    The next thing I heard was the "lecturing" and then the front door "closing."
    I hope the remainder of the day is better for you.

    Love,
    -Hubby

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful!! LOVE that song!! those of us who are precise and perfect planners need a song like it to remind us of those blessings!! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hear ya K! we all have those mornings. and i too forget i big i am blessed.
    that song is so true!
    hugs to you and i hope your day is going better!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say about this...