Wednesday, September 15, 2010

First Fall Food

Oh yes, it's that time of year! Apple picking leads to applesauce, apple pie, apple crisp, and our family favorite: APPLE CRUNCH!!

Apple Crunch (supposedly serves 9-12; our family of 6 would scarf down the whole thing!)
1 pkg JIFFY Apple Cinnamon Muffin Mix
3 lbs apples peeled and sliced (about 8 cups...I used 8 apples tonight)
1/2 cup white sugar (I use 1/4 to 1/3 cup; very sweet otherwise)
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened (but not melted)
3/4 cup rolled oats

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place apples in 13x9 pan, cover with white sugar and cinnamon (I toss apples with mixture). Combine the rest of the ingredients and sprinkle on top of apple mix in pan. Bake 40-45 minutes.

(Recipe from the side panel of Jiffy Apple Cinnamon Muffin Mix)

Sorry I don't have a picture - the Herd happily chowed down tonight's batch!!

2 comments:

  1. looks delicious-- I always cut the sugar too!! I like the crunch idea better than pie... a little daunted by the crust!! and this is healthier anyway!! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds yummy! i will have to try it this year :)
    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say about this...