Monday, January 18, 2010

Dating My Treadmill

Yes, I'm back on the treadmill again! Only on week 1, workout 2 of the Couch to 5K (I'm calling this Round 2 - Mission: Faster!) So far, so good. So far, so sweaty! I've had hubby and all four kids ogling me, sometimes talking to me, sometimes screeching and shrieking, but I'm doing my best to stay focused! Motivation will be challenging: treadmill is boring, and I can't even escape the chaos of the house (something that has been very motivating in the past, to get OUT to run.) I'm hoping I remember this come Spring and I don't mutter a complaint about running outside!
Anyway, Day One, I ran to ABBA Gold Greatest Hits - very fun to run to! My only danger: running and singing along leaves me quite out of breath!
Today, I ran to Michael W. Smith's "Live the Life" album. The first few songs are great for running - "Love Me Good," "I Believe in You Now" and especially "Don't Give Up" have a great beat and inspiring lyrics. While I was stretching afterwards, however, "Hello, Good-bye" was playing and I forgot how moved I am by that song...Michael W. Smith wrote it for his little baby, Noah, who died shortly after he was born. It was a song I listened to often after losing my own twins, Noah and Christopher, in April of 2001. Isn't amazing that I have a houseful of kiddos, but in my mind, I can be brought back to that sad, dark time so quickly!
Another song on that same album is "Never Been Unloved" and it's a favorite of mine. I hope the lyrics make you feel loved too!

I have been unfaithful
I have been unworthy
I have been unrighteous
And I have been unmerciful

I have been unreachable
I have been unteachable
I have been unwilling
And I have been undesirable

And sometimes I have unwise
I've been undone by what I'm unsure of
But because of You
And all that You went through
I know that I have never been unloved

I have been unbroken
I have been unmended
I have been uneasy
And I've been unapproachable

I've been unemotional
I've been unexceptional
I've been undecided
And I have been unqualified

Unaware
I have been unfair
I've been unfit for blessings from above
But even I can see
The sacrifice You made for me
To show that I have never been unloved

It's because of You
And all that You went through
I know that I have never been unloved

2 comments:

  1. good for you getting back on the "horse!"
    and what a beautiful song...thanks for sharing the lyrics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say about this...