Thursday, December 8, 2011

Eight Days of Christmas Music

Well, it FINALLY snowed, so I can FINALLY write this post...today's song is White Christmas!!!
Written by Irving Berlin and made unforgettable by Bing Crosby, this song just feels like Christmas! I have always loved it, and although it was been covered by a GAZILLION other people, the Bing Crosby version is definitely the one that "feels right."
I did hear an arrangement by Twila Paris about 10 years ago...she did a mash up of White Christmas and Whiter Than Snow and it quickly became a favorite of mine.

Whiter than snow, whiter than snow
Now wash me and I shall be whiter than snow
Wash me and I shall be whiter than snow


I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
Just like the ones I used to know
Where the treetops glisten,
and children listen
To hear sleigh bells in the snow

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
With every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be white

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas
With every Christmas card I write
May your days be merry and bright
And may all your Christmases be white

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say about this...