Saturday, January 15, 2011

Busy, Busy!

Oh I had such great intentions of updating this poor blog at least weekly, but it's been rather busy around here!
Christmas has come and gone.
A new year has arrived.
So what are we up to?
Here's the picture we used for our Christmas cards this year...the Herd is on my parents' sailboat, late August 2010...ages almost 3, 4 1/2, 6 and 8:

* NCH - school, Saturday basketball, piano, HizKidz (musical is this spring), AWANA, had a sleep-over at a friend's last week and all went very well!
* CAH - school (her teacher gave her a "teacher's helper" certificate yesterday!), piano, HizKidz, AWANA (she now knows all the books of the Bible!). She has a top front loose tooth that she really doesn't want us to pull out - it's just dangling there!
* KBH - turned five! Her party is in a couple of days and we will be sledding at a nearby park for the first hour, then back to the house for cake, cocoa and crafts. It's a snow theme, so we'll make water bottle snow globes, eat snowman cake, and take home snowman marshmallow pops and snowman soup mix packets. She is SO excited! She also is busy with preschool and AWANA.

* NJH - preschool, AWANA and suddenly EXTREMELY talkative, capable and into everything! Hubby brought home an iPad one day and all we heard for weeks was, "Daddy, where is the iPad? I want to play the froggy game!"

Hubby has been busy at work, but also keeping up with life at home. He and his dad sanded down and painted my dad's childhood bed (and the one I slept in for 20+ years!) for KBH - now both girls are in matching twin beds with pink floral bedding. They LOVE their room and proudly make their beds and tidy up without a complaint.

I have been busy shuttling children to preschool and activities. As you likely know, I had been doing Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred workouts, but I am now borrowing P90X from a friend...this is quite the workout program, with a great time commitment. There are a series of DVD workouts to do, but they take from 45-90 minutes every day! Although I believe I am making some progress (I feel the "good hurt"), the time is really an issue. Some nights, I'm just starting at 9:30 or 10pm! I will stick with it and see what happens. I took Day 1 pictures and will take them at days 30, 60 and 90...here's hoping for great things!
Oh, here's a picture of my Christmas gift from hubby....I LOVE it!

Children call...hopefully a month won't go by before my next update.

1 comment:

  1. i love reading about your busy life :)
    it's too bad we can't get together in person to chat. it's so hard to chat with everyone at church or mops.
    i should be doing the P90X...you look awesome--so why pray tell would you kill yourself like that?!! LOL (that's a rhetorical question, you don't have to answer!)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear what you have to say about this...