Ok, so maybe not so newsworthy, but several of you have scolded me for not doing a better job updating my blog! :) I will add some pictures next time, I promise!!
So here are some things happening in my life:
1) Memorial Day was a great day. Hubby had taken NCH and CAH up to the lake (where my parents live) on Sunday, and KBH, NJH and I joined them on Monday. My parents and my sister, her hubby and friend were all there...we spent the entire day outside, either looking at the lake or boating/sailing/tubing on it. All three older kids went tubing (KBH's first time!) They loved it! No naps for anyone and they all held up surprisingly well. I really didn't want the day to end. I can't wait to go back up for a week in August, just the 6 Hill's and my parents.
2) I started the "Left Behind" series of books last week. I'm on book 2 already and just can't put it down. I highly recommend it!
3) NCH starts swim team practice next week. I'm excited for him and I really hope he loves it. Swimming seems like a good, healthy, safe sport.
4) CAH is celebrating her "fake five" birthday tomorrow at preschool. We're bringing in flower-shaped watermelon on popsicle sticks as her special snack to share. I still can't believe she'll start kindergarten in the fall! We've been reading "Little House on the Prairie" every day...she loves it, and I am amazed at the way she remembers details about the stories.
5) KBH suddenly has curly hair! One humid day, it just started curling and I loved how cute it looked. Now I just wet it, put a little gel in and scrunch it and off she goes...it really seems to suit her personality!
6) NJH is 20 months old today. He is a joy and he's growing way too fast. He talks up a storm, loves to sing and look at books, is a climber and thinks he's three! I can't believe he's my last baby! :(
7) Frank and I had such a fun date night 2 weeks ago. It was so nice to be able to linger through dinner, to talk without anyone interrupting us! We have another dinner coming up next week, and although several other people will be joining us, it will still be nice to be out!
8) I have to admit I have fallen behind in our church's "Old Testament Challenge." Yes, for the first time since January, I am at least a week behind! Perhaps it has to do with #2, above??
9) I'm running the Freihofer's Run for Women this Saturday and I'm really nervous about it. I don't know if it's because there will be 3000 women or what, but I get stressed out when I think about it. I'm glad I've stuck with the running...just 30 minutes, 3 times a week has been great. I weighed in at Weight Watchers today 2 pounds under my lifetime goal!
Well, I've rambled enough for now. As I said, I will try to put some pictures in next time...